Each day in our cities and towns, families experience the loss of a loved one. Within the following twenty-four hours the remaining family members must normally make several hurried, important decisions regarding arrangements which are often completely unfamiliar. We feel there is a better way and we are encouraging more families to outline the alternatives available long before the need arises. Thus, a more practical and economical decision can be reached when everyone is thinking clearly rather than at a time of grief and emotional stress.
In this era of absentee-owned "chain" funeral and "chain" discount funeral homes, that account for nearly half of all the choices available to you in the capital rea, we take pride in being independent and family owned.
We consider your confidence in our firm a privilege and stand always prepared to help you in every way possible.
Ben & Stephen Meyers
Cremation Funeral Service is an independent and family owned business. We offer several cremation options. Please review the options listed below, and then contact us with any questions you may have.
All of our cremation options include the following services:
- Basic service of funeral director and staff.
- Transfer of deceased to the funeral firm.
- Sanitary care.
- Dressing and placement in casket or alternate
- container as selected.
- (Dressing is excluded on direct cremation.)
- Completion of all cremation authorizations and
- securing permits.
- Cremation authorization from next of kin or the proper agent.
- Filing of death certificate and ordering of certified copies of the same.
- Cremation Permit from Vital Statistics.
- Sheltering of deceased prior to cremation.
- Completion of federal forms for Social Security
- and Veteran’s Benefits (as applicable).
- Assistance with newspaper notices.